Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Peer-reviewed paper defends theory of intelligent design

Intelligent Design creationists have managed to put their first paper in a peer-reviewed journal, although of a low impact factor: the Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington (S. C. Meyer, Proc. Biol. Soc. Wash. 117, 213–239; 2004), according to Jim Giles (Nature 431, 114, 09 September 2004).

How came? I'll try to give a couple of hints:
1. The author, Stephen Meyer, belongs to the Discovery Institute, Seattle, Washington. Where did you say that this bilogical society was? Washington too.
2. The editor who supervised the review process and finally accepted the article is Richard Sternberg, who also happens to be in the editorial board of "Baraminology Study Group", a publication about "scientific investigation on creation biology".

Intelligent design creationists are taking advantage of the academic positions they hold to introduce favourable references into the scientific literature. This establishes a serious precedent, since until now they only counted with non-reviewed literature and their manipulation of other people's work (to great concern of the authors).

By the way, the article has already been contested in The Panda's Thumb.
Link to the discussion in Evolucionarios (in Spanish).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BioMaxi. Some of these blog sites have more info on them than the regular websites. I've been searching websites looking for filesharing software related info, I decided to try blog sites. And it seems like everybody has one but me. Anyway, I'm trying to improve the traffic flow to my site at http://www.p2p-mp3-filesharing.com and needed more substantive information I could use but got sidetracked again. Back to my search. Had fun though. Thanks BioMaxi, Mike

7:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi BioMaxi, I was looking for file sharing related info for my site at http://www.p2p-mp3-filesharing.com and thought I would check out some blog sites. I get sidetracked easily these days....getting old...lol. It was an interesting read. Thank You

11:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home